Puntland State Security Office
Place of work: Garowe, Puntland
Open date 09 August 2019
Closing date 16 August 2019
Duration of the Contract: 5 months renewable up to 1 years
About the support package
European union’s unwavering commitment to support the Somali people to live in peace, access to justice and development is in fruition. This opportunity presents a unique capacity injection project aimed to develop the FMS and FGS institutional capacities and envisions to bring important expertise and skillsets in their disposal. This capacity building package is financed by the European Union to Somalia and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
SSO Puntland will lead and integrate the regional security effort by fusing national, regional and local military, security, intelligence and counterterrorism, providing analysis, sharing information with partners, driving whole-of-government action to secure our security counterterrorism objectives.
The position of an Institutional Development Advisor is created to assist the SSO mission in establishing an effective and responsive management and administrative structure that will take SSO and other government institutions to the next level of proficiency and provide required training and expert support for the Puntland Public Sector. The Institutional Development Advisor will work under the direct supervision of SSO director and will work in close co-operation and collaboration with other civil society and government institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of institutional development strategies;
- Provide supervision, ongoing coaching and support to other members of the SSO staff;
- Development of systems, policies and procedures;
- Capacity development and mentoring;
- Provision of top-quality advisory services for the facilitation of quality services and achievements of results;
- Support to development of policies and institutions that will address the institutional problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners
- Advanced degree is required, a graduate level training in public administration, management, organizational development, development economics, social science, international development, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven and result oriented supervisory and leadership experience in national institutions of public administration, government services dealing with public sector reforms, or similar positions;
- Knowledge and understanding of public sector reform and institutional capacity development;
- Hands on experience in designing and delivery of training programmes for public sector target group will be an advantage;
- Fluency in English and Native in Somali.
How to Apply
Applications are required to submit all the required documents to email@example.com with a subject line: SSO Puntland, Institutional Development advisor
Applications received after the closing date of 14 August 2019 23:59 EAT will not be considered
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit educational and other supporting documents to provide their qualification for the position.