Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA
Name of Project: Somalia Urban Resilience Project (SURP-II)
Contract Title: Construction of Garowe Municipality Roads 6.3 Km (Package 1 – Tawfiq Road, 30th Street, Street 3 Injida, and Wadajir Road)
Grant No.: P170922
RFB Reference No.: SO-GM-213595-CW-RFB
1. The Government of Somalia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Somalia Urban Resilience Project II (SURP II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Garowe Municipality Roads, 6.3 Km (Package 1 – Tawfiq Road, 30th Street, Street 3 Injida, and Wadajir Road). For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing.
2. The Garowe Municipality now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Construction of 6.3 Km of roads, comprising 4.3 Km single carriage roads (Tawfiq Road (2.2Km), Street 3 Injida (0.7km), and Wadajir Road (1.4Km) and 2km dual carriage road (30th Street), with 7 m wide carriageway, roadside drains and 1.5 – 2.0 m wide sidewalks in the City of Garowe. The scope of works includes;
a. Site clearance and topsoil stripping (approx. 3.33Ha)
b. Earthworks (approx. 64,312.00 m3)
c. Natural Gravel sub-base (225mm) approx. 13,340m3
d. Natural Gravel sub-base (2 x125mm) approx. 2,290m³
e. Graded Crushed stone for base (150mm), approx. 10,200m3,
f. Asphalt concrete surfacing (50 mm), approx. 3,400m3
g. Pedestrian walkway and central reserve with concrete paving blocks approx. width17,250m2
h. Road Furniture
i. Construction of a storm water drainage system comprising Box ‘U’ drain (approx. length 12.48 km).
j. Provision of road safety campaigns and related training for prospective road users
k. Implementation of onsite and offsite environmental and social safeguards management plans.
The construction period will be fifteen (15) months and a Defects Liability Period of Twelve (12) months.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 1st 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from;
SURP II COORDINATOR
Email address: email@example.com
and inspect the bidding document during office hours 0900 HRS to 1500 HRS from Saturday to Thursday at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of One Hundred US Dollars Only (USD 100). The method of payment will be direct deposit in the following Dahabshiil account#: GRWD000850 with the description of “Cost of bidding documents for SURPII Roads”. Once the payment is received, the document will either be sent by email (PDF version) COURIER at the cost of the bidder or PICKED-UP at the PIU Office, Municipality of Garowe.
6. A Pre-bid meeting shall be conducted by the Employer on February 08, 2021, at 00 HRS Mogadishu Time at PIU office, Garowe, Somalia.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before February 24, 2021 at 00 HRS Somalia local Time at PIU office, Garowe, Somalia. Electronic Bidding will be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected.
8. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on February 24, 2021 at 00 HRS Mogadishu Time.
9. All Bids must be accompanied by a BID-SECURING DECLARATION using the form included in Section IV, Bidding Forms.
10. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
11. The address(es) referred to above is:
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA