Ministry of Planning, Economic Development and International Cooperation
Water for Agro-Pastoral Productivity and Resilience Project
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
|Country:||Federal Republic of Somalia|
|Name of Project:||Somalia Water for Agro-pastoral Productivity and Resilience (WAPR), or “Biyoole|
|Contract Title:||Purchase of Equipments for Prosopis Management Measures.|
|RFB Reference No.:||SO-MOPIC – PL-289467-GO-RFB|
1. The Federal Government of Somalia has secured a grant from the World Bank (WB) the IDA’s pre-arrears clearance grant to be applied towards implementation of Biyoole Project over a five-year periodand it intends to apply part of the proceeds to Purchase of Equipment for Prosopis Management Measures.
2. For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
3. The Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Procurement of:
|Item No:||Brief Description||Quantity||Delivery Period (From date of contract signature)|
|1||Wood Chipper Machine||1||45 Days|
|2||High-power machine sowdust||4||45 Days|
|3||Motor Generator portbale||1||45 Days|
|4||BBQ Charcoal machine||1 set||45 Days|
|5||JAC N90 6 Ton Truck with crane or equivalent||2||45 Days|
|6||60kva Generator Engine||1||45 Days|
4. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers”dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 3.14 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Biyoole Office, Puntland Ministry of Planning, Economic Development and International Cooperation, Garowe, Somalia via Email to Faaris.Adam@mopic.pl.so
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be obtained by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
7. Bids must be delivered to the emails below on or before 12:00 Hrs. Garowe time onThursday 23rdJun 2022. Late Bids will be rejected. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Planning Bidders shall have the option of submitting their bids electronically via Email to Faaris.Adam@mopic.pl.so and copy Puntland.PIU@gmail.com Electronic Bids must be password protected PDF attachment.
8. Bids will be publicly opened in the Conference Room, Ministry of Planning, Economic Development, and International Cooperation in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at13:00 Hrs. Garowe time onThursday 23rd Jun 2022at the address below. Electronic Bid opening is allowed and the Bidders can also participate through Zoom video teleconferencing.
9. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
10. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
11. The address referred to above is:
Puntland Biyoole Office
Ministry of Planning, Economic Development and International Cooperation.
Floor/ Room number: 1st floor