is a service provider that has been established.....
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR SUPERVISOR
JOB TITLE: SUPERVISOR
DUTY STATION: GAROWE
CONTRACT PERIOD: One (1) year with possibility of extension
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 Jan 2020, 5:00 PM
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
PLTC is a service provider that has been established by young entrepreneurs with a friendly, simple, and streamlined approach to taking care of all your logistics and transportation needs throughout. PLTC is mainly based in Bosaso, Puntland State of Somalia, but its services is delivered throughout the country.
Integrity, efficiency, and teamwork are at the heart of what we do, and you’ll find that attitude in our office staff, our mechanics, our drivers, and our customers.
SCOPE OF WORK
PLTC is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, qualified, experienced and committed supervisor to fulfill below duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise cleaning staff to ensure provision of high quality cleaning services in the compound including offices, guesthouse, mosque, washrooms, kitchens and perimeter wall.
- Conduct regular supervision to chefs, cookers and their assistants to ensure quality meals are prepared and served for the national and international staff.
- The incumbent will oversee cleaning staff to ensure offices and meeting rooms are cleaned first in the morning.
- Ensure that plants and trees in the gardens are maintained and watered regularly
- Oversee general maintenance technicians maintain installation of electrical installation and generators as per schedule
- Shall report major repairs for generators and electrical equipment due to tear and wear to the line manager.
- Identifies tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices used in cleaning and catering, gardening and general maintenance.
- Inspects facilities (e.g. offices, guesthouse, etc.); equipment (e.g. fire safety, generators, compressors, etc.); systems (e.g. Reverse Osmosis, electrical, plumbing, power sources, etc.) and staff to ensure quality services are delivered
- Liaise with the guesthouse manager to collect feedback and recommendations
- Scheduling and assigning specific duties/roles to cleaners and also ensuring that they are carried out expertly
- Inspection of cleaning equipment on a regular basis so as to know when they are worn-out and also request for replacement
- Controlling and monitoring the usage of cleaning materials so as to avoid or minimize waste and/or misuse
- Act as a communication conduit between management and staff
- Monitor and report absenteeism to the Manager
- Actively promote Health and Safety, and report any breach directly to the Manager
- Ensure that all staff wear all appropriate PPE
- Where required, gather and provide information on a daily, monthly and annual basis, including schedules, consumable issues and usage etc
- Ensure facility management standards are met and maintained in all facilities, and report shortcomings/faults to the Manager
- Monitor standards and compliance of work performed by the staff
- Perform other duties assignment by the line manager
- Master/Bachelor degree in business management, social work, Development Studies or any other relevant field.
- Fluency in English-Writing and speaking
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience, preferably guesthouse/hotel management
- Hands-on experience in staff supervision
Other skills and competence
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Customer service
- Organization, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- A good knowledge of IT packages including MS Word and Excel
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, three work related referees and copy of Bachelor/Master certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 29 January 2020 at 5:00 PM. Application received after that period will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.