Puntland Highway Authority
Site Supervisor Engineer – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
Post Title: Site Supervisor Engineer – Puntland Highway
Authority Duty station: Garowe Puntland PHA Office
Reports to: Lead Project Engineer
Puntland Highway Authority was inspired by the experience of the community leaders in Puntland in 1996. It had been operating two years before forming the Regional Autonomy of Puntland in 1998.
Puntland Highway Authority (PHA) is a government body, established by law no.18 of 2000, responsible for maintaining and developing the road network throughout the Puntland. It is thus of utmost necessity for Puntland Highway Authority to adhere to standard engineering procedures and principles.
The Site Supervisor Engineer will be primarily responsible for construction supervision, Site monitoring, drafting reports, and certifications. S/he will also be responsible for giving technical guidance and support to the construction teams during the supervisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Site Supervisor Engineer (Supervisor) will be:
• Supervise the site setting, levelling, and surveying before and during construction.
• Checks plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
• Ensure that all materials used, and work performed meet specifications and required quality standards.
• Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and equipment for the construction works.
• Document and report immediately on any planned changes in the work by the contractor before any changes are affected.
• Conduct regular site supervision and regular inspections at critical phases of the construction work.
• Liaise with all subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors, and the general workforce involved in the project during the duration of the construction works
• Directly reporting to the Lead Project Engineer of Puntland Highway Authority.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Competency
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline) is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervision of road construction works.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written, is required.
How to Apply
Only those interested candidates who meet the profile stated above should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, names, and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (email- telephone) to the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.