Ministry of Justice, Religious Affairs, and Rehabilitation
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Locations: Galkayo, Buhodle & Badhan
The Ministry of Justice, Religious Affairs and Rehabilitation of the State of Puntland, in partnership with the International Development Law Organization (IDLO), is promoting a reformed and modernized Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system through the establishment and operationalization of three new ADR centers in Galkayo, Buhodle and Badhan. Through the centers, established in June 2018, the Ministry expects to facilitate and increase access to justice for the local population.
The effectiveness of the ADR Centres will depend, among the other factors, by the capacity of the adjudicators to take decisions in line with the national law. Legal support is critical to take correct decisions as well as to guide, assist and provide legal advice to the justice seekers going to the centers, particularly women.
To this end the Ministry of Justice, will hire three paralegals (preferably female) to be deployed one in each ADR Center. The incumbents will be in charge of:
- Providing legal assistance and advice to justice seekers, particularly women on where to address their cases
- Provide legal support to adjudicators to ensure that decisions and cases taken are in line with the provision
- Identify and report cases out of the ADR jurisdiction or without respecting the Standard Operating Procedures
- Support ADR clerks in the correct classification of the cases and data collection
- Support the registration and referral of cases at court districts.
- Prepare and draft legal documents required for the centres
- Contribute to the Monthly Activity Report
- Liaise with local Women’s Organizations, Civil Society Organization, Health Services to promoted and integrated support and counselling to justice seekers
- Any other legal support and counselling requested by the Ministry of Justice, Religious Affairs and Rehabilitation.
The incumbents will jointly report to the Ministry of Justice ADR Coordinator.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Locations: Galkayo, Badhan, Buhodle
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Sharia and Law
- A minimum of six-month experience in Legal Practice is an asset
- Preferable experience at community level
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English and Somali is required.
- Sound Knowledge of Computer Skills (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Very good knowledge the Somalia and Puntland context as well as the Constitution of Puntland, National Laws, Sharia Law
- Very good communications skills
- Very good skills in Report Writing
- Sound skills in advocacy, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to interact and engage with the Community
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to respond timely to queries and provide feedback;
- Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment;
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit the following relevant documents:
- CV along with application letter.
- Verified Copies of academic Certificates or transcripts;
- In your application letter, please indicate if you have particular expertise or experience related to the tasks above, as well as if you are available for three (3) Months assignment.
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter via e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org the deadline will be 24 May 2019 4:30PM in Somalia time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com