Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Puntland Government of Somalia.
ADVERTISEMENT TENDER NOTICE FOR PROCUREMENT OF
1. Portable solar-powered speaker
2. Portable solar-powered lamp
Release Date: 12 September 2021,
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global health crisis that has resulted in great disruption to education worldwide. In Somalia, it has affected teaching and learning and forced the closure of schools and universities since March 18th, 2020. In responding to this outbreak, Puntland, introduced a new learning approach which is high technology based and recorded the syllabus from standard 1 up to form four using different platforms like the learning passport. The fact that the students is not equally resources to access the high technology based approach enforced to think alternative ways to facilitate students accessibility on recorded lessons, MoEHE developed alternative methods that are part of distance learning proposed including printed materials, MP3 radios, remedial classes and solar lamps.
With funding support from the GPE through UNICEF; the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoEHE) is hereby inviting all interested eligible bidders with capacity to supply/deliver high quality MP3 radios and solar lamps for the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Puntland State of Somalia. This context appropriate strategy for continuous learning will allow pupils, teachers, and schools to utilize flexible and remote/ home-based learning, which may include homework assignments, reading materials, Radio programs (MP3 radios).
1.1. Portable solar-powered sound speaker
1) Support for Micro SD card with 8GB storage;
2) support File format: APE/MP3/WMA/WAV/FLAC
3) Good sound quality speakers with the capacity to listen for 5 people or more at once;
4) Long battery life with 12-24 hours playtime at full charge with short charging time;
5) Audio speed (next/previous, fast forward/rewind) and volume (up/down) control;
6) Drop and dust resistance.
1.2. Portable solar-powered lamp
1) Lighting Time more than 30hrs at full charge
2) Power Source Solar
3) Foldable structure that makes it portable.
5) LED indicator lights to show quantity of electricity.
1.3. Other specific requirements
The supplier will be required to:
- Deliver at the MoEHE Offices in Garowe City, Puntland State of Somalia; test and train MoEHE technical staff
- Provide technical assistance related to technical problem of the machine including trouble shooting, repairs and maintenance of the machine
NB: Bidders are required to submit full specification of the products (Name, model No and origin country) and delivery time.
2. Instructions to Prospective
1. To be considered for short listing, every supplier is required to fill out details of the equipment below of this document. In addition, every supplier is required to submit company profile, valid registration certificates from relevant government bodies, and current bank statement with company name.
2. Please use the table below of the document to quote item prices.
3. Fill out item prices in the UNIT PRICE column.
4. Write down total calculated amount for each item in the corresponding cell at the rightmost AMOUNT column.
5. Write down total amount for all items at the last TOTAL AMOUNT row.
6. All quoted prices should in USA Dollars.
7. To save space for handwriting, you can leave out the dollar symbol.
8. Please write legibly as illegibility can lead to disqualification.
9. Apart from technical specifications—which are very important—bids will also be evaluated the delivery lead time.
10. The bid documents must be enclosed in a properly sealed envelope marked with Bid for Technology Equipment Purchase and placed in the tender boxes of MoEHE headquarters in Garowe no later than 3:00 PM on Thursday, 21 September 2021.