Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: Federal Republic of Somalia
Name of Project: Somalia Water for Agro-pastoral Productivity and Resilience (WAPR), or
“Biyoole ” Project
Contract Title: Procurement of 4x4WD Double Cabin Pickup Vehicles with its
Accessories for Mobile Veterinary Clinics
Project ID.: P167826
Grant No.: IDA-D4970
RFB Reference No.: SO-MOPIC – PL-183182-GO-RFB
- The Federal Government of Somalia through the Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water for Agro-pastoral Productivity and Resilience Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Procurement of 4x4WD Double Cabin Pickup Vehicles with its Accessories for Mobile Veterinary Clinics.
- For this contract, the Borrower shall process the payments using the Direct Payment disbursement method, as defined in the World Bank’s Disbursement Guidelines for Investment Project Financing, except for those payments, which the contract provides to be made through letter of credit.
- The Ministry of Planning, Investment and Economic Development now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Procurement of:
|Item No:||Brief Description||Quantity||Delivery Period (From date of contract signature)|
|1||4x4WD Double Cabin Pickup Vehicles with its Accessories for Mobile Veterinary Clinics||2||45 Days|
- Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 3.14 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Biyoole Office, Puntland Ministry of Planning, Economic Development and International Cooperation, Garowe, Somalia via Email to Biyoole.Procurement@gmail.com
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be obtained by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 Hrs. Garowe time on 28 Aug 2020. Late Bids will be rejected. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Planning Bidders shall have the option of submitting their bids electronically via Email to Biyoole.Procurement@gmail.comand copy Puntland.PIU@gmail.com Electronic Bids must be password protected PDF attachment.
- Bids will be publicly opened in the Conference Room, Ministry of Planning, Economic Development, and International Cooperation in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at 13:30 Hrs. Garowe time on 28 Aug 2020 at the address below. Electronic Bid opening is allowed and the Bidders can also participate through Zoom video teleconferencing.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is:
Puntland Biyoole Office
Ministry of Planning, Economic Development and International Cooperation.
Floor/ Room number: 1st floor
To apply for this job email your details to Biyoole.Procurement@gmail.com