Goldogob District Administration,
TIS+ is implementing the Somalia Project to promote good governance and community cohesion.
The objectives of this contract are to: 1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets. 2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth. 3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future. 4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
TIS+ is seeking the service of an experienced construction site supervisor to undertake the supervision of the Construction of Goldogob Town Market Road (PSS015) in Goldogob District, Mudug Region, Puntland.
The site supervisor will be tasked with supervising all aspects of the construction at the site and will be required to be at the site till the end of the construction.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise the setting out, leveling and surveying of the site before and during the construction works;
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications and requirement;
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and equipment to be used for the construction works;
- Document and report immediately on any planned changes in the work by the contractor, prior to any changes being effected;
- Conduct daily site supervision and regular inspections at critical phases of the construction works;
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate their solutions while closely liaising with TIS+ Senior Engineer;
- Liaise with all consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project during the duration of the construction works;
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including monitoring of the site labor force attendance record sheet (working hours) and the work of any subcontractors;
- Plan the work and efficiently organize site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines and schedules;
- Supervise proper storage and disposal of waste products or other construction hazardous materials;
- Oversee quality control, health and safety matters on site by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations;
- Complete and submit weekly EMMP reports;
- Monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules with the grantee and TIS+ Senior Engineer;
- Document and maintain timely reporting on all issues of the construction (including volume of work done) in the site register on a daily basis;
- Provide photos as evidence of stages of construction;
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required while closely liaising with the TIS+ Senior Engineer;
- Support the resolution of any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise with close coordination with TIS+ Senior Engineer.
- Any other duties assigned.
The Site Supervisor for the Construction of Goldogob Town Market Road reports to the TIS+ Senior Engineer.
- Diploma or equivalent in civil engineering and/or minimum of 5 years’ experience in general construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting technical drawings and workplans.
- Experience in supervising construction projects.
- Excellent understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, foundations, carpentry and masonry work.
- Established credibility and integrity and the ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary.
- Excellent communication and written reporting skills and good use of computer programs like Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Relate to others in a manner that creates sense of team work and cooperation.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to read and write in both English and Somali language.
Applications and detailed CV to be sealed and hand delivered to the Goldogob District Commissioners/Mayor’s Office marked as “Site Supervisor – Construction of Goldogob Town Market Road” by 8 April 2019, 2359 hrs (East African Time).
Late offers will be rejected except under extraordinary circumstances at TIS+ discretion.
Women, persons with disabilities, youth and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.