Website Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Puntland State of Somalia (PSS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Somalia Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Capacity Strengthening Project – Phase II
PROJECT ID: P151492 Grant No.: TF-A0388
Assignment Title: The Training Needs Assessment and Taxpayer Services Charter
Reference No.: SO-MOF-PL-100065-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
The Puntland State of Somalia has received additional financing from the World Bank through the Ministry of Finance (MoF) toward the cost of Somalia Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Capacity Strengthening Project II.
The Project Development Objective is to strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in the Federal Government, Puntland State of Somalia, and Somaliland. The project comprises of the following four components: (i) Strengthening Tax Policy and Inland Revenue Administration systems; (ii) Strengthening Systems for the Public Funds Management, Transparency and Accountability; (iii) Rapid Response Facility; and (iv) Public Financial Management Reform Oversight, Coordination and Management.
The Puntland State is making efforts to rebuild the systems of internal control. There is some improvement in adherence to the systems of control, although, a lot more needs to be done to strengthen the overall systems. The MoF’s Internal Revenue Department (IRD) is responsible for the collection of most of the country revenues including those related to social security contributions and customs activities. Inland Revenue Departments play a pivotal role in mobilizing revenues that finance government initiatives in infrastructure and services that benefit all citizens.
The Ministry of Finance intends to apply part of the proceeds of the Grant to hire an Individual Consultant to provide technical assistance in The Training Needs Assessment and Taxpayer Services Charter for the Puntland State of Somalia.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
The Minister of Finance is looking to hire a Training Needs Assessment (TNA) and Taxpayer Services Charter consultant with the core objective of:
- assessing training needs of the staff of key Inland Revenue Departments in all Puntland districts to identify staff training needs and hence develop training plan based on the identified training gaps; and
- developing Taxpayer Services Charter. The Charter will stipulate the taxpayer’s rights, obligations and service standards expected by stakeholders from the IRD. Also, the Charter will complement the implementation of Puntland Domestic Revenue Mobilization Implementation Action Plan (October 2018-June 2020). This Action Plan aims to increase domestic revenue, among others, through enhancement of voluntary tax compliance. S/he will undertake all other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment.
- Selection Criteria:
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Advanced University degree in organizational development, human resource management, strategic planning, public policy and management/administration or closely related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in human resource management including working with public sector institutions on the area of developing public sector training systems;
- Knowledge of and experience in human capital development, institutional development, system strengthening and financial management.
- Demonstrated experience in training development, coaching and management
- Strong interpersonal skills; Excellent, communication and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated experience working with governments of developing countries including fragile and conflict-affected states. Somalia experience is an advantage.
- Proven record in training needs assessment, capacity development assessment, capacity development strategy, preferably in Somalia
- Knowledge and understanding of Public financial management and revenue generation effectiveness process and requirement,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Somali Language will be added advantage
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The duration for the assignment is 180 working days , renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information including a detailed Terms of Reference at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Garowe time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in four (4) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 15 July 2019 at 11:00 am (Garowe Time) – marked clearly as – The Training Needs Assessment and Taxpayer Services Charter
Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit, Ministry of Finance, Garowe, Puntland State of Somalia.
Email: Email: Procurement@mof.plstate.so and copy email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org