Islamic Relief Worldwide
PUBLIC ADVERT FOR REHABILITATION AND SOLARISATION OF BOREHOLES IN BURTINLE TOWN AND XAARXAARKA VILLAGE
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
INVITATION TO BID
TENDER No. PL/IRS/EDIB/PNTB: Re/No02/2022
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International humanitarian organization that has been working in Puntland since 2006. We are committed to achieving our core vision of caring for the people of concern in all countries where we work. Our goal is to provide vulnerable communities in Puntland with access to basic needs including Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Education, Basic Health services and Livelihood Support.
The extreme drought which resulted missing of three rainy seasons in most parts of Somalia regions, especially in the Burtinle and Iskushuban districts, caused water shortage. Water scarcity as well as over exploitation of the boreholes/shallow wells caused drop down of the water table which caused technical issues and increased water prices. To reduce community suffers and to increase water accessibility Islamic Relief Somalia has been implementing project of Emergency Drought Response project. The project aims to improve the water accessibility in Burtinle district through rehabilitation of two boreholes (one in Burtinle town and one in Xaarxaarka village).
Islamic Relief Somalia hereby invites qualified bidders to submit technical proposal for rehabilitation and solar installation of two boreholes as follows:
|SN:||Site||Contents of the Work/Rehabilitation activities|
|1||– Burtinle Borehole
|The BH depth is 430M deep with water yield of 18M3 /Hr, installed with Grundfos 22 KW and requires the below rehabilitations
– Supply and installation of (120 solar panels of 400 watts each for the borehole with complete accessories.
– Pipeline extension to the IDP.
– Construction of water kiosks with room.
– Rehabilitation of the water tank (white washing and painting).
|– Xaarxaarka Borehole||The BH depth is 430M deep which requires the following rehabilitation
– Installation of submersible pump of 18.5KW Grundfos
– Supply and installation of 500M as one roll (3 core – 35mm2 of pure copper)
– Installation of inverter, combiner box, and change over, PV disconnect Switch, Surge protector, water level sensor.
– Conduction of pumping test.
– Painting and white washing of the guard and generator rooms.
– Replacement of 35 GI pipes
Please note that this is only technical applications and only technical documents will be submitted without financial offer, however the procurement committee will invite the successful bidders to submit their financial offer in the second round of the evaluation process
Interested eligible contractors with sound capacity, relevant experience in similar work and duly registered as contractors are here by invited to submit their tender (containing technical applications) to Islamic Relief Garowe Office.
Requirements for Tender Documents
Tender envelop should be sealed with reference number and stamped.
- Company Profile with detailed physically verifiable contact address
- Most recent Bank statements (printed in last 6months). with full details of account movement
- Valid Commercial License from the Ministry of Commerce.
- Valid Public of Work registration from the Ministry of Public Work.
- Tender Board Registration
- Tax Clearance from the Ministry of Finance
- Evidence of Past Experience in a similar/relevant work (Solar system installation) E.g. (LPOs/Contracts, etc.).
All bids should be written in English.
Tender Duration and Deadline
The deadline for submitting bids is 06th January 2022 – 15th January 2022 (05:00 PM) and any tender or documents received later than this date and time will not be accepted. The sealed envelopes should be dropped at Islamic Relief Garowe Office Tender Box at bellow address.