Puntland Highway Authority
Lead Project Engineer – Garowe, Puntland, Somalia
Post Title: Lead Project Engineer – Puntland Highway Authority
Duty station: Garowe Puntland PHA Office
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PHA
Puntland Highway Authority was inspired by the experience of the community leaders in Puntland in 1996. It had been operating two years before forming the Regional Autonomy of Puntland in 1998.
Puntland Highway Authority (PHA) is a government body, established by law no.18 of 2000, responsible for maintaining and developing the road network throughout the Puntland. It is thus of utmost necessity for Puntland Highway Authority to adhere to standard engineering procedures and principles.
The Lead Project Engineer will lead all rehabilitation projects, Monitor the plans, designs, and implementation of all engineering works.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Lead Project Engineer (Supervisor) will be:
• Responsible for monitoring the execution of the contract on behalf of the Contracting Authority.
• Verifying, checking, and certifying interim payment certificates.
• Prepare, compile and publish monthly progress reports and minutes of site meetings in which he is chairman.
• Advise and determine beforehand on matters related to claims requested by the contractor.
• Oversee surveying of existing utilities, assessing compensation identification for relocation, and verifying control points.
• Lead the rehabilitation project from commencement through completion.
• Be responsible for the inspection, examination, measurement, and testing of materials, components, and workmanship.
• Inspect all drawings, documents, samples, and models relating to the contract and propose corrections for design changes as deemed necessary for prevailing ground conditions.
• Approval of the works accomplished by the contractor per the specification.
• Oversee, review, and approval of material sources.
• Ensure application of sound quality control procedure.
• Ensure compliance with all the required standards and conditions set out in the contract.
• Issue a final acceptance certificate to the contractor at the end of the maintenance period.
• Directly reporting to the CEO of Puntland Highway Authority.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Competency
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline) is required.
• Ten years of professional experience in the supervision of civil engineering works.
• Proficient in the use of drawing software; AutoCAD or other relevant software.
• Experience in managing technical supporting staff.
• Detail-oriented, highly organised and practices strict adherence to timelines.
• Excellent planning and reporting skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages.
• Good knowledge of the political, economic, social, and cultural environment of this region.
How to Apply
Only those interested candidates who meet the profile stated above should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, names, and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (email- telephone) to the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.