Website World Vision
is an International Relief and Development organization....
For Somali Nationals Only
World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities. The Somalia program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented Somali National to fill the following vacancy. The successful candidate will be based in WV Office, Garowe.
Nutrition Officer-I- Garowe.
Effective management and coordination of various Nutrition/PD Hearth and health projects implementation in Puntland, including managing day to day activities, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Preparation of project management documents (cash follows, procurement plans, project log frame and DIP at the beginning of the project start date.
- Preparation and submission of CMAM cash projection and financial reports on time.
- Training of MoH seconded staff and CNWs and CHVs on diverse nutrition trainings like IYCF, LTP, and PD/Hearth.
- Participating and attending nutrition and health cluster and review meetings.
- Conduct review meetings at community level by inviting district administration and local community to review the project.
- Participate in identifying nutrition status of children to select participant children for PD/Hearth program (screening should be done monthly to identify new participants to be included in next round of Hearth)
- Motivation/mobilization of village leaders
- Teach volunteers to interpret growthcharts and counsel caregivers
Reporting and documentation
- Preparation of quarterly, yearly and end of project donor reports.
- Participation of project proposal design, plan and implementation and develop procurement plan.
- Conducted quarterly supportive supervision monitoring with sector lead, ministry of health representatives and other partners to assess the overall impact of nutrition projects, gaps and areas that need improvement and finally compiled monitoring reports and shared with all the relevant sectors and partners.
- Planned and conducted quarterly review meetings on health and nutrition projects, and invited partners to review the progress of the ongoing activities, challenges, lessons learnt and the way forward.
- Participation of nutrition baseline surveys, end of project evaluation and putting up the logistical support and enumerator’s recruitment together.
- Provide feedback to volunteers on their
- Hearth sessions, graduation rates, home visits, etc.
- Simplify technical findings and present in lay language
- Report progress to supervisor/ADP manager/ community leaders
- Communicate to volunteers the next group of identified participant children for PD/ Hearth – should identify from monthly GMP results.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Public Health or Food Science and Technology or Health related or social science related field with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Nurse / midwife or Medical Science / Public Health
- Experience: 3 years of experience in Health and Nutrition related field
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field based
Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
All applications should be received by 20th April, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.